Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Goals?

With racing done for the year, only four this year but a total of 125 miles of racing. Two 50k's, one fifty miler and a trail half marathon. I am now trying to figure out what I want to accomplish next year while giving my body recovery time. I did get out for five light trail miles today and ran Wild for about ten minutes post run.
On Tuesday I could sign up for the Mid Winter Classic, a ten miler in Cape Elizabeth. A great race to keep me running through the tough Maine winter. Registration is open for the Pineland Trail Festival. Not sure which race I want to do, so I can wait making that decision.
Beyond that I'm not too sure. Oh yah, there is a half marathon I'll probably do as my family visits my wife's hometown of Indianapolis. That will be in April. I always enjoy racing in Indy as it's always very flat and I can PR. I've got a bet going with my brother in law about the outcome of today's Pats/Colts game as to whether or not I'll be wearing Colts gear in this race. Go Pats!!!!
I think I may have a different fitness goal going into the new year after I saw Skyfall the other night. I want to be as fit as 007. It may be blasphamous to say that Daniel Craig could kick Sean Connery's ass but I wouldn't mind adding some strength training so I could work for Her Majesty's Royal Service.
Above all else, I need to keep out there. Keep running. Find some races to make it more real. Good to have goals. Keeps me going, as I think the days of espionage are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment