Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Starting Wild

I'm starting this blog just as I have taken my dog Wild on his very first run. My family adopted him just over a month ago. He is a husky, at least what that's what the ad in Uncle Henry's said, and so did his owner who was selling him after she decided that she did not want to keep him. He is fitting in pretty well with the family. Of course he is still a puppy, just under four months old, and does bad little puppy things. My wife and I figured the best way to get him to behave is to tire him out with exercise. Walks and games outside have done a good job but now at four months and just under thirty pounds I figured now is as good a time to start running with him. So after I dropped Quinn off at pre-school where Maggie is a first grader, I put on my running shoes, kept the watch at home and did my in-town three mile loop by myself, with no watch. I haven't been running that much, first run of the week, and so I didn't need to know how slow my time really is at this point. Wild was lying on the floor waiting for me to come home. I grabbed the leash, hooked it on and out the door we went for about a ten minute run. He did well and was eager enough to run without being a spaz. I was a little worried how he would act when a horse and buggy came our way, but he kept going on with only a little glance back at the large four legged creature. Wild is now resting comfortably back on the floor and me looking forward to another ten minutes in a couple days from now.

1 comment:

  1. Been enjoying your newly-discovered writings. Also, I love the name "Wild". :>

    ReplyDelete