Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Soft Ground

A week ago I ran on frozen ground at Bradbury in shorts. Today was much different. I awoke this morning to read my thermometer over forty degrees. I had laid out my lightest running tights the night before so I still threw them on along with a long and short sleeved shirt. After dropping Maggie off at her school and Quinn at his pre-school that he goes to one day a week that is close to Bradbury, I headed right over there for my run. I decided to do one loop of the Breaker course. I had the park all to myself except for some of the staff. I moved at a moderate pace and of course slowed down for the ups. We never had any real rain the previous days but the air had certainly been damp which softened the ground right up. I did notice a few familiar running shoe tracks in the ground so I assumed some Trail Monsters must have been here at least the day before. I did take a moment to take in the views from a couple of spots on the South Ridge Trail. Even though I hate running up the summit trail I went up, reduced to a walk in some spots but deciding to run, well really jog in a couple of spots not so steep or rocky. Down the Tote and back up the Northern Loop and then back down the switchback trail to my car which was still the only one in the lot. I was amazed just how warm it really was as there wasn't even any wind to reduce the air temperature. My time was less than stellar for the four and a half miles but this wasn't a training run. But at least it was still a run and there was much pleasure in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment