Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Just a run

Well, still not doing any great miles but still running. I managed to get out for a short run on some trails close to home this afternoon. Only a little over four miles but at least I got out and at least I still felt strong. Quinn asked me while he was eating his lunch why I wasn't eating anything why I wasn't eating. I had to explain to him, a four year old, that I didn't want a heavy stomach before a run. So after I dropped him off at preschool, I stripped off my pants re-tied my shoes and hit the trail. I kind of feel a little like Clark Kent after the drop off, as I keep my running clothes hidden under normal civilian clothes. Unfortunately there are no phone booths close by, or anywhere in the world for that matter, so I just hurry home before shedding the layers in order to save my soul. I also took Wild out again for a light run after I got home. I actually kept my watch on and since it took us under ten minutes to do a short loop I decided to take hime to the local athletic fields where we picked up the pace for a couple semi sprints on the soft grass. I still know he is young and I hope that I am not doing any long term damage to him but he keeps up well and seems to enjoy our little runs together.

No comments:

Post a Comment